Hayward 250fd low flow

May 27, 2015
youngstown ohio
I am trying to remov the bypass service cartridge and am having trouble getting it it out. Is there a secret to the removal? I removed the retaining nut and have attempted to pull the bypass out but had no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

my whole system seems to not have much flow this year so I am not sure what is going on. Carthage filter is new and clean.

I just bypassed the heater completely and have good flow, so it is the heater slowing my water flow rate down any suggestions. This is the fourth year for this heather and no problems till this year. I should mention when I opened the pool I put the lines on backwards going into the heater but corrected them a couple weeks later when I went to use it and discovered that problem.

The cartridge pulls straight out of the header. Noting more to do other that pull and little harder. There are two o-rings right inside that seal and could be a little dry. There is a notch to located the cartridge properly so you will not be able to rotate much. Low flow could also be clogged exchanger tubes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.