Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex pool with polaris 65

1. Back To Top    #1

intex pool with polaris 65

hello,

I ve been trying to find some info about my problem...Basically its just a simple question.. We have an intex 24 x 4.4 round above ground pool and I am trying to find a connection part for the polaris 65 cleaner.. no success so far..Does anybody have some info where I can find an adapter kit..or something like that..

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex pool with polaris 65

If your looking for an "off the shelf" connector, good luck. Intex uses their special fittings that fit nothing. LOL Although what I have found works well is the adapter that comes with the skimmer. I use it for our manual vacuum and it works great.
    This is the adapter: Skimmer Plate

I'm not sure if the Polaris 65 is a suction or pressure side cleaner, but this adapter will get you to a standard 1/5" hose nipple. If you need something else you can go to Home Depot(or any other hardware store) and get a rubber coupler to adapt it to hard PVC fittings.
    Something like this, but hardware store will have them in many sizes. Rubber Coupler

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The Polaris 65 is a pressure side cleaner. The various configurations for the wall fitting (return fitting) are at this link: http://www.polarispool.com/files/man...nual165-65.pdf

Good luck.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you! I ve already talked to somebody from polaris and intex and they think that I can't get it to work....and of course they don't sell any adapter or wallfitting kit....I will check your links out and got to a hardware store tomorrow

5. Back To Top    #5

I just looked at the link for the Polaris. You CAN make it work! Disregaurd what the Polaris or Intex people tell you. As long as your pump has the GPM and PSI to run the cleaner it will work.

If the blue adapter I had in my first reply works on your return(it should) then all you need is a 1.5"-1.5" rubber coupler and another piece that looks like the cleanout I linked to below. If you can find one that will fit directly into the rubber coupling, great, that's all you need. If not, you'll need a short piece of 1.5" pipe and a cleanout that slips over the pipe. The Polaris Universal Adapter will screw right into any 1.5" female threaded fitting.

1.5" Rubber Coupling

1.5" Clean-out You won't need the plug for your application.

Good Luck,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

6. Back To Top    #6

Im in a similar boat, I have the polaris 165 pressure side sweep and clean but just bought and erected a 22 foot round intex ultra. spoke with intex and polaris with no joy, there must be a way, anyone on here figure it out yet