Greetings

Jun 30, 2015
Houston/TX
As with many I've been a lurker and convert to the "trouble-free" method for several years. I'd like to say thank you for all the knowledge and savings I've pulled off this site.

I've recently developed a pressure variation on the system that has me puzzled. The pressure on the DE filter has been a consistent 29-30 pounds during run time. As of the last several days, it now cycles from 22-28 pounds during the run time cycle. I back-washed the filter and re-added DE with not change. My thoughts were that it may have to do with the in-ground cleaner, but the cycles are not in sync with the rotations of the zone-control valve. I also thought maybe I had a tear in a filter panel, but the pool is very clear and the filter seems to be doing its job. Any thoughts and suggestions as to where to look next?

If this is the wrong place for the question, let me know and I'll post again in another location.

TIA

Well... pressure suddenly dropping with no blown grid looks like a) the pump isn't pumping well or b) the gauge has died.

B is the easiest to fix. A new gauge isn't much harder to install than replacing a light bulb.

Pump issues are a little harder. Do you see bubbles in the pump strainer? Could the skimmer flap be sticking, or the water level low causing a vortex? Are either of the baskets choked with debris? Maybe the pump impeller is clogged with something. Pine needles in particular can slip through the mesh on the baskets and wind up in there.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Gauge is good, swapped it out on the neighbor's for a test. Guess I'll take the pump down and see if there is anything in the impeller. I did notice that the pump basket was empty this morning before I started it up. I opened the valve on the filter to purge the air and after a little run time, no bubbles. Guess I'll start chasing that issue down as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.