Cover reel that installs across center of pool

S1ngram

Jun 7, 2014
St. Bernise, Indiana

I like the way this reel looks. I like that it can be installed across the pool or at the end of the pool. It seems to get reasonably good reviews on this site. I do have some questions though...
1) If you have a lot of tree debris that falls on your cover (and it is installed across the middle of the pool), how do you remove it before you roll up your cover? The thought of dumping all those leaves, seed pods and other stuff in my water makes me want to cry.

2) How difficult is it to install across the end of your pool? I have no experience with a post hole digger. It seems like tree debris would just roll off the backside as you rolled the cover up. Is this thinking correct?

3) If you have it installed across your pool, what do you rest it on when you swing it out of the way? Pictures of this system in use would be great.

Has anyone had a reel like this that they moved from the center of the pool to the end of the pool and were much happier?

Actually I put one of those cover reels on an above ground pool before. It goes in the middle, rolls up both halves at the same time, then swivels off the pool. I think it just rests on the rail of the pool. It works ok but does dump all of the debris in the pool. Of course, all solar covers do. I think my customer put a pole in the ground for the arm to rest on

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.