26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

Nice setup PAGirl. Seeing that photo with the green algae reminded me of my first year with our pool. Went to a saltwater setup and never looked back. It truly takes 90% of the maintenance out of the pool. All I ever have to do is skimming and vacuum with the pool bug once a week. Completely eliminates the chemical hassle. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have a pool now. I don't have the ability to maintain the chemicals all summer.

Re: 26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

Hi, I am going to put same pool up this spring/summer. Can you tell me aprox how much cya you started with Thanks

I wanted mine around 40, since it's generally not super hot in my area. According to Pool Math, it take 88 oz. of granular CYA TO REACH A CYA of 40 in a 15,900 gallon pool. i think I started with one canister (the smaller one) then used a half of another. Not positive on that. I went by the volume of ounces, I think. Are you starting with fresh water?

Nice setup PAGirl. Seeing that photo with the green algae reminded me of my first year with our pool. Went to a saltwater setup and never looked back. It truly takes 90% of the maintenance out of the pool. All I ever have to do is skimming and vacuum with the pool bug once a week. Completely eliminates the chemical hassle. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have a pool now. I don't have the ability to maintain the chemicals all summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. We've thought about it. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'll likelY have more algae than that this year, my pump died the end of September.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.