hot tub heating above set temperature

Nov 10, 2013
Hi, I could use some help with my old hot tub. I changed the heater recently and figure I must have screwed something up. The temperature is set to 100 but heats up to 110. Would this be a problem with the heat sensor or the high limit sensor. Since the hot tub temperature is showing as 110 - I assume the temperature setting is working fine. I suspected I had over tightened the plate that houses the high limit sensor when I put it back together but I took it apart just now and the wire doesn't look damaged. I don't see where the temperature sensor is housed - the wire goes up into the hot tub through a small hole where the top side controller wire goes. I understand it has to be in the plumbing somewhere but I don't want to tear the hot tup apart to find it. I would have replaced the high limit sensor to see if that was the problem but there is no code on it - it's a correct-tech mini max digital spa oak (2001).

Any thoughts?

Where are you located? Is the tub getting a bit of extra help with heat from the heat outside and just registering the heat level in total?

I'd suggest you set the temp level down below your outside temps and see how much it gets raised from outside temps.

thanks - I have the spa pack diagram already but not the troubleshooting guide. I have now pulled the temp sensor out of its thermowell and placed it in the water directly as per the guide. Lets see if that makes a difference.

So the tub is still heating over its set temperature. I put a pool thermometer in and it reads the same as the spa thermometer (101 currently with a setting of 80). Would this mean there is an issue with the spa pak itself?

I'm sorry I have no idea... Does everything work except the temp setting.. Can you lock it where it is... If you can set it where it is and don't let anyone change it it should stay at the same temp...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.