**All members please read - Important Request**

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
As you all have probably noticed, things are really heating up here at the site. We are getting dozens of new members a day and hundreds of pool care questions. You may also have noticed that we have a small number of users who answer the great majority of the pool care questions. I'm hoping that some of you, especially those who have been around awhile, will help ease some of the burden for those individuals and begin answering more questions.

This time of year, most of the questions have to do with pool algae and how to clear it up. I think most users who have been on the site more than a couple of weeks could probably field that type of question. Please don't feel intimidated just because you may not be the most scientific person. We help people take care of their pools, not perform open heart surgery - perfection is not required. Remember each and every one of us started out the same way, and found sites like this because at one time we too needed help - and still do. If you don't get an answer exactly right, don't sweat it - we'll work together to sort it out.

For those of you who have been diligently answering so many questions, take a breather - you've earned it! Let's let some of the newer folks start answering questions as they are able and share some of the load. I want everyone to feel they have a role to play. I'd like to think that we are developing members here, not just answering questions. The more users we have who can help out, the stronger the site will be and I think most people enjoy giving back and helping others too. However, if you see a post that's gone unanswered for an hour or two or is posted in The Deep End that you know is beyond the average poster, please step in.

Again, don't be shy. If you see a question and you know the answer, step right in. We'll be here to help if you need it.

Thanks again to everyone who participates, especially those of you exhausted few who have probably typed your fingers to the bone the past few weeks! Take a break - maybe even go for a swim. 8)

Sean

Sean,

That's a great post. This forum has really morphed from the 200 users who virtually knew each other from the old PF.....the growth has been phenomenal and shows no signs of stopping. You are going to need lots of responders to help out and there's plenty of good ones out there that don't post often enough.

One common issue you (new responders) will find with many folks brand new to the forum is their info is disorganized to the point of distraction. They will often ask 6 unrelated questions in one post. Probably the best thing you can do is pick out their most critical issue and have them focus on fixing that first. Once you get a little structure into their thought process, you can solve their remaining issues in an orderly manner.

See ya' on the forum! :lol: :lol:

Oh sure, now a reason to use the duct tape - I feel like a thread hog when I see something I can answer. BAD Mom -

I'll be on vacation without my laptop and wireless for a week so I'll let others have their turn, that is unless I can get service on my CrackBerry, then I'll at least be lurking but no typing responses with the fish jumping into the boat - ha.

New people - we were ALL new to this at one time or another, so there - guaranteed you know something someone else does not -so feel free to share!

Yes, it's been nice seeing more folks participating. I think we all benefit when more people are given the opportunity to share what they have learned. Again, thanks to the diligent handful who have been answering the vast majority of questions this pool season and for stepping back a bit and allowing others the chance to jump in. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.