Zodiac Jep-R control Panel - circuit board replacement?

Algtr76

Oct 15, 2023
Naples, FL
My Jep-R isn't showing anything on the screen. I checked the circuit breaker and 240V is coming out of it. I also checked the power going into the pump...reading 240 volt....I also checked the red and green wire, reading 10 volt. I have a feeling the Jep-R has gone bad.....Is there a way to purchase a new circuit board and replace it? I can't seem to find one online.

Also, does Jandy offer service manuals for their pumps and control panels, and any ideas where I would be able to locate one?

Thank you all!

According to manual there is no reset button. I would check the wiring on the RS485 cable to ensure no cut or short. Check both ends where they thread into the connector and also along the wire - sometimes rodents like to bite the wire,.

Jandy does not endorse any DIY repairs which is why nothing on internet. you will need to contact an authorized seller to determine if they can purchase a new board as the screen may have gone bad. You are in Naples, I know that Pinch a Penny pool store is an authorized Jandy dealer.

Thank you Herman.....I reattached the wires in the controller and to the pump today and it still isn't operational. My problem started when I shut the pump off at the breaker. I probably should have done it at the controller and then shut the breaker off.....I find the Jep-R hard to use....would like to get a wifi controller, but they are very expensive. Do you know of one out there that is compatible to the Jandy that could be used with a 2.7HP VS?

I only know of 3 controllers for the Jandy pumps
  1. iQPUMP01
  2. JEP-R
  3. RS Automation Systems - these have the antenna for web internet access or app on phone
I am aware that several members have the iQPUMP01 which seems to work fine but I do not know the difference between it and the JEP-R which you have.

There are several threads on the forum for DIY controllers if you are handy with IT systems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.