Zodiac Ei² 12 or BSV Evo 15?

YonnyPiscinas

Jan 10, 2020
Uruguay - SA
My old SWG is coming to the end of its life I'm afraid (must be 10-12 years old, previous owner had it for several years before we moved in 3 years ago).

Had it on max for 2 months now - salt level good - but it's just not generating as it used too. Unit is old and rusty also.
This old model needs 6000ppm of salt also which is a right pain. Salty as the ocean (well not quite but very salty). Looking for a new modern model which requires less salt in the pool.

Had to shock my pool today as it went green!

Not many options of SWG models here in Uruguay.

Has anyone had experience with the Zodiac Ei12 or the BSV Evo? My pool only has 20000 litres but gets hot in the summer(30-35c) so needs a good output.
I see the BSV has a long life cell and options to add ph/salt probe kits etc which is useful.
Swaying towards the BSV although the clip on Zodiac means easy installation. Both self-cleaning.

Thanks

Sorry you haven’t gotten any feedback yet.
Those models aren’t available in the US but I gave them both a look see. Here’s my observations.
You want one rated for at least 2x’s your pool’s volume - those both fit that bill & then some.
If I did the math right -
12 g/hr = 288 g/day = .634 lb/day
Here’s what the zodiac is capable of per day in your pool volume set to 100%
BDC52AFF-F62D-4514-9876-6DBAA5B66650.png
More than sufficient for your pool & the ability to use the unit to adjust fc production both up & down. Zodiac is also a well known brand & is one of the “big 3” here in the US. So both pluses +

The info I see for the Evo is 10-35g/hr - are they referring to the settings or that there are different cell sizes available? The manual makes it seem like there’s only 3 settings?
The lowest 10g/hr setting - would yield you 12ppm in 24 hrs. - it would only take 6 hours to yield 3ppm. Not sure how you currently run your pump or if you can have a separate timer for the unit so it doesn’t effect your pump run time when you need to run the pump longer but don’t need as much fc.
The orp stuff can get wonky if you have cya in the water so omitting that will save a few bucks.
Not sure about the brand itself as they don’t sell anything in the US.
Hopefully someone that owns one of these models will chime in soon.
So long as you select one that ticks all your boxes (fc production, price, warranty, features) you’ll likely be happy with your decision.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.