You get yours, I'll get mine build in Navasota, TX

Finished TOMORROW???????? WOW!

You know someone would bust his chops if he did not point out the "problem" with the man door.

Kim:cat:

Looks like it might be another day. I hope not though. I know these guys are ready to go home. They are wrapping up the exterior metal and will start on the lean-to. Doors will follow. Concrete was rescheduled to next Monday June 27th. Ready to get this wrapped up and start filling it up!

brett

Very nice!! Can't believe how fast your pool build went. Congratulations !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. We love it. Already wishing we did the chiller though. The water is like a bathtub here already!

Were hoping to get finished up early today. Concrete was pushed back till next Monday.

Brett

0480FEB6-889A-4EBA-90EA-B2285D394815_zpswjci4oon.jpg

Brett, Get a fountain. Run it overnight and it will bring the water temps down. Just know it WILL push your PH up so be ready to test and add MA as needed.

Kokido Waterfall Fountain for Swimming Pools - Walmart.com

Just one of many you can find. With how handy you are you might even be able to build your own.

I will look into that for sure. I'm back at work today. I still need to get my TA down and my ph has been staying much lower than I thought I would. The only aeration we get is a tiny bit from the hot tub spillway.

The crew ended up going home yesterday evening. Two guys will come back tomorrow and finish it up in mon/tues. still need to hang the doors and there's some more trim that needs finishing. One of the roll up doors was damaged in shipping so hopefully they can bring another one with them. Got to park the tractor in there last night and my truck under cover too. Much better!

Working on my lighting plan now. It's amazing how fast it all adds up.

brett

Here is where we are now. Doors are hung but not in the tracks. Was supposed to haul 36 yards of dirt since I bought new wheels and tires for the dump trailer yesterday, but the cylinder decided to fail instead. Had to deal with that and hope to get it back by fri morning. Still missing some trim pieces and concrete is still on for Monday. I'm very ready to finish this project, it's been a real headache. Complete opposite experience from the pool which has been breeze.

Brett

Will you make the posts "pretty" like the ones on the house? I would think about it. Of course I am not the one paying for it or doing it LOL

Of course the dumper went out :rolleyes:

Thats a great point and something to consider. I don't have a clue how to class those posts up. Maybe paint but what color?? Dump trailer cylinder is costing $300 but I'll have it Friday morning.

brett

I'm not picking the color :) but solid stain is the way to go vs paint. It soaks right in and won't chip or peel and you can stain right over it again in 4 or 5 few years. If that is pressure treated let it dry out for a couple, three months first. Nice shed! :thumleft:

I agree with Danny on the stain IF you go that way.

I thought the house porch has "columns" on the posts and was thinking the same thing for the shop's posts. Not sure how doable it would be. If not then at least stain them and put a "footer" around the bottom to "dress" them up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not picking the color :) but solid stain is the way to go vs paint. It soaks right in and won't chip or peel and you can stain right over it again in 4 or 5 few years. If that is pressure treated let it dry out for a couple, three months first. Nice shed! :thumleft:
Great idea on the stain.
I agree with Danny on the stain IF you go that way. I thought the house porch has "columns" on the posts and was thinking the same thing for the shop's posts. Not sure how doable it would be. If not then at least stain them and put a "footer" around the bottom to "dress" them up.Kim:cat:
Stain will be the ticket! Yes we have rock on the columns for those. I'll look into doing something like that for atleast the front posts! Keeping an eye out for a speaker system to hang from the lean-to for some pool time bump bump!Brett

Do a search here. There have been several that have talked about sound systems around the pool.

Yeah I was only thinking about "dressing up" the front ones that will be seen and used for the pool. The others will not show as much.

For fear of being accused of slander, I will spare the details but we have terminated the contract with the shop builder and will be having the concrete done by a local crew. It's going to cost more but will be rebar instead of mesh and 5" thick. Getting excited to hopefully have it done this week.

Also, while using my tractor to do something I shouldn't (see above) I hit one of the 6x6 with the bucket and pulled it out of plum. Damaged the trim and metal. Luckily we have enough of everything to fix it. I'll get my wife to lift me up in the tractor to expose the post and straighten it. The installer which has been fantastic will fix it when they finish the doors

brett

Sorry thing went sour with the shop builder BUT very glad you found someone to do the job. It sounds like it is for the best though.

LOL on doing something you should not with the tractor?????? Well I never.......oh yeah I have.......... done it and seen it LOL

This is a little redundant but brings us up to speed.

After having serious issues with the barn building company and terminating our contract we have just about reached the finish line. Concrete was supposed to be included and that's where we went our seperate ways. I kept my final 20% and will have to finish on my own. I'm great with that. Had an excellent concrete crew come in and pour a minimum of 5.5" thick slab with 3/8 rebar and 3 5x12 aprons at each 12x12 door for just about the same money I kept by terminating the contract. Ended up working out great. The pole barn installer will be coming tomorrow on his own to finish installing the roll up doors and some odds and ends including where I hit the building with my tractor when I was having to do a final grade for the original company against what I was told by the salesman.

Anyways, I'm excited to have concrete. We're leaving in the am to go visit my folks in Rockport for a few days and when we come back it'll be a mad dash to get some things moved in there. Then I'll be getting the electrical run and lights installed! Should be a fun filled expensive two weeks coming up!

Brett

It is DONE!!! NICE!

So the installer is coming out outside of the company shell to finish? Nice work on his part. Glad you were able to get that done.

Be careful driving to your folks. The roads are going to be busy this weekend!

It is DONE!!! NICE!

So the installer is coming out outside of the company shell to finish? Nice work on his part. Glad you were able to get that done.

Be careful driving to your folks. The roads are going to be busy this weekend!

yes the installers contracted with the pole barn builders company to erect the building and hang steel. Apparently our build and events that transpired led to the guys that built the building to quit working for the company. However, on their own dime they are coming back to finish what's left and fix my mess up. Very grateful and appreciative that there are guys out there that care about the customer. I'll be leaving him some money to atleast cover fuel and food.

We will be safe for sure. Do y'all have any big plans?

brett

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.