Yikes. Opening after winter.

Is it normal for the reagents to go bad in less than a year?
Someone else can answer that question better then me. The cya test is tough. I think in pool school there is a better description of how to do it. I always have trouble. I am on day 7 and still not getting a reading accurate to the amount I put in. And I did the sock in front of the return so its not on the bottom or behind a ladder.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

You know I was about to guess this. So you have no powder in your test kit? That means you do NOT have the FAS-DPD chlorine test. You have the DPD chlorine test. I am sure the pool store told you it was the same thing :hammer:

You need to add the FAS-DPD test at least or just get a new TF-100.

EDIT: FYI, the DPD chlorine test is where you have to match a pink color like the pH test ... the problem with that test is that at high FC levels, the pink color disappears. So you do not know if you have 0 FC or very high FC.

What? I did it wrong the entire time all last summer?! Because I've never owned any power of any kind in the test kit and it's what I used to keep my water perfectly balanced all last season. Or I *thought* it was anyways. I sure was proud of it. I think from June through the first week of October I swam all but 3 days because I kept it so balanced and being a newbie, I was mighty proud of that fact. lol. Especially as all I ever heard from everyone was variations of, "OMG you put a pool up?! It's nothing but a huge money and time suck keeping it clean and clear!! You'll regret it and the kids will get bored with it." I just kept looking at them like they were nuts bc it wasn't turning out that way at all for me.

The pool place didn't tell me anything. I never buy anything from them unless the awesome folks here tell me exactly what to get. I do believe my kit is or was recommended on the pool school list... I think anyways...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
http://www.lesliespool.com/taylor-81329-chlorine-fas-dpd-service-test-kit/81329.htm

If you look at the link which is the test kit in your signature it has a container in the front and that looks like the powder. But maybe what you have in your signature is a different test kit then the one you actually have. If you are using the test where you compare the colors maybe you number is to high for that test to read. As far as last year you could have just never had any problems and that is why a test kit that did not make the higher readings was not necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.