Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have researched for quite awhile for info on leaking multi port valves on this site and didn't find anything exactly like my problem. I have a Pentair MPV Model #261055. I have seen a bit of water around handle at times but not consistently and thought it could be from rain/sprinkler, etc.; however, what I have noticed is water leaking from around one of the screws on top of the valve cover. Called Pentair and they said it probably needed new O ring. Just looking for confirmation as to if this is probably the fix for my issue. If water is actually leaking around the handle, would that also be the fix for that as well?

Thanks for all your help.

Leaking around the handle is from a different o-ring, which is located around the shaft that connects the handle to the diverter. Mine has two identical o-rings fairly close together. Here's a step-by-step and maybe you can find a youtube video. How To Replace a Pool Multiport Valve Spring - INYOPools.com

You may just need to clean up the o-rings and re-lube them with silicone grease from the pool shop, but certainly use the new one if it's already on the way. Also, tighten the screws in a star pattern like you would do wheel nuts. Take them nearly tight, go across, then back across to a different one, working your way through the pattern two or three times as you tighten it all down. Don't go crazy on them, the o-ring is doing the sealing work. Good luck with the fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.