Hays ks
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
My pool is crystal clear but I have algae on bottom in spots. I brush it come back. I've been slamming the pool and it's still there. I read that you have to clean filters as well. I just bought new ones this year. Wouldn't the high bleach level be running through filters already? I am so frustrated that I am just going to add a gallon per hour. I don't know what else to do.

Well I used pool math to calculate what I need to fc which was 24. I then was reading on here if you have mustard algea and based on my cya level of 65 I need to get it up to 35. I did that last night. Well 34 actually because I added the right amount of bleach but it didn't raise it at all! Then added what I had left. This morning it was at 27. My other problem is I am almost out of dpd powder to test. I have some ordered but don't know if it will be here tomorrow or Tuesday

Ok yes I will keep it at 24 until it passes the slam. Do I still need to clean my cartridges or will they be disinfected with the whole slam process?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.