Yearly drain of water due to messed up chemistry.?

filb

Aug 23, 2011
Anyone else in AZ with above ground pool, using just acid and liquid chlorine, find they have to drain most of their pool once a year? My theory is the heat here does a number on the pool chemistry. TA here is 120 constant, never get below that no matter how much acid you add, though I've seen it get higher, to 140. By the end of summer the colors of the water/test drop mixture in the PH/CHlorine test kit, are a deeper shade of the colors printed on the kit. And PH keeps bouncing up to 8 and higher, though i keep bringing it down to 7.0/7.2 then aerate to 7.6 CC is never higher than .5 The water almost feels yucky on your hand, almost like it leaves an invisible residue, similar to seawater.

It's not the heat, it's the high ch fill water, but with tfpc methods your can hold out a drain for a few years, around 1,000 ppm ch.

Deep clean your sand filter, is the correct kind of sand in it?

Tfpc water should be the best water you will ever touch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.