AguaCaliente

Jul 3, 2023
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I;m looking for a cordless robot. Narrowed down to an Aiper Seagull Pro or the Wybot S1… while searching fro reviews, I came across some previously retired models by Aiper and they’re identical to several models currently offered by Wybot… and upon closer inspection, there are a lot of similarities between their current models…

Anyone have any details on this?

Interesting and disappointing at the same time. I had my eye on a Wybot to potentially replace my Scuba S1 that only cleans half my pool. I'd venture to guess the tech is the same and I'd experience the same issues w/Wybot.

They are the same company just different brands / holding companies. Same company info in patent filings/trade commission documents.
Would love to know what patent filings/trade commission docs you are looking at. My research indicates they are two separate entities and the principals are not the same, neither are the inventors who were reported on the patent filings I was able to retrieve.

Interesting and disappointing at the same time. I had my eye on a Wybot to potentially replace my Scuba S1 that only cleans half my pool. I'd venture to guess the tech is the same and I'd experience the same issues w/Wybot.
I am looking at both companies. The reviews here on the scuba s1 for Aiper are encouraging, and the WYBOT review on the supposedly ONE unbiased review vid on youtube I've seen shared several times on this site has me considering the WYBOT S2 Pro. From what I can tell... they are not the same company, but would love to know for sure... hoping pool-magazine can share their source. Although... they are no longer coming up as a user... so probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I;m looking for a cordless robot. Narrowed down to an Aiper Seagull Pro or the Wybot S1… while searching fro reviews, I came across some previously retired models by Aiper and they’re identical to several models currently offered by Wybot… and upon closer inspection, there are a lot of similarities between their current models…

Anyone have any details on this?
there are a lot of similarities between MOST of the cheaper cordless robots. Would love to know if they are all the same. Found some today that look like knock offs of the Scuba S1 for about 1/2 the cost. But reviews on Amazon were definitely mixed... but they were "no-name" brands.

I just wanted to say that I have both Wybot S2 (non pro) and Aiper Scuba S1 Pro sitting next to each other, and they do seem similar. The Aiper seems to be a much better build quality though. It also works WAY better. My only hope is that it's not the same customer service because Wybots is nonexistent. I don't mean slow, I mean after 8 emails over 3 weeks I have not received one reply.

If anyone has any questions, I will be glad to answer

A quick update: I sent Aiper an email asking a quesion and with in 5 minutes received a failry detailed "form" email letting me know my request has been received.
This morning, less than 12 hours later, I got a personalized email addressing my question.

So, if they are the same company, they have extremely different support departments because even after initiating a dispute with Paypal, Wybot STILL has not responded...not with even a form email.

A quick update: I sent Aiper an email asking a quesion and with in 5 minutes received a failry detailed "form" email letting me know my request has been received.
This morning, less than 12 hours later, I got a personalized email addressing my question.

So, if they are the same company, they have extremely different support departments because even after initiating a dispute with Paypal, Wybot STILL has not responded...not with even a form email.
thanks for the update. How do you like the Scuba S1? Any issues with it? Is it worth $550, or in other words... would you buy it again?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thanks for the update. How do you like the Scuba S1? Any issues with it? Is it worth $550, or in other words... would you buy it again?
I actually have the pro version. Got it for $750 during prime day...but it is pretty good. Its the most consistent in the floor and wall mode out all of the ones I have been testing.
The Beatbot Pro cleans the best, but I have to run it in their "beta" mode, which appears to just be old fashioned pattern with not much logic.

So I am now doing "testing" for both Beatbot and Aiper. They are both very responsive to my emails/ feedback/ issues.

Reactions: Aubie99
I actually have the pro version. Got it for $750 during prime day...but it is pretty good. Its the most consistent in the floor and wall mode out all of the ones I have been testing.
The Beatbot Pro cleans the best, but I have to run it in their "beta" mode, which appears to just be old fashioned pattern with not much logic.

So I am now doing "testing" for both Beatbot and Aiper. They are both very responsive to my emails/ feedback/ issues.
Cool. so you haven't had the AIPER very long? We would love an update here again after you've had a chance to test it more. Thank you!!

Reactions: Alset2
well, well, well... look what I found:

While they are not the same company regarding ownership. Apparently AIPER is Winny's (aka Wybot's) number one customer in their business model of doing ODM (Original Design Manufacturing), and this is where Winny (aka Wybot) derives 95% of it's income from designing robots for other companies, and only 5% is derived from manufacture and sales of it's own Wybot sub-brand.

So, I don't think they manufacture the AIPER models... they definitely designed them... or had a large hand in their design. AIPER must manufacture their own, which accounts for the differences in quality, but also accounts for similarities in their overall appearance and functionality.

well, well, well... look what I found:

While they are not the same company regarding ownership. Apparently AIPER is Winny's (aka Wybot's) number one customer in their business model of doing ODM (Original Design Manufacturing), and this is where Winny (aka Wybot) derives 95% of it's income from designing robots for other companies, and only 5% is derived from manufacture and sales of it's own Wybot sub-brand.

So, I don't think they manufacture the AIPER models... they definitely designed them... or had a large hand in their design. AIPER must manufacture their own, which accounts for the differences in quality, but also accounts for similarities in their overall appearance and functionality.
And explains the huge difference is customer support...maybe....