Wrong Salt Level on Display

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
I know I need a new cell (this one is 6 years old), and it will be ordered soon. In the meantime, is there anything I can do to trick the SWG display into reading the correct salt level so it will generate chlorine? It works for a while when first turned on and then it goes to 1600 with a solid check salt light. The actual level is 3600 (verified by K-1766 drop test kit).

Thanks!

Make sure that the cell plates are not disintegrating. If they are corroded, just turn the cell off and use liquid chlorine. If the plates are OK, you can change the cell type to T-5 or T-3 to get a little bit more life out of the cell.

Reactions: appstategrad
Make sure that the cell plates are not disintegrating. If they are corroded, just turn the cell off and use liquid chlorine. If the plates are OK, you can change the cell type to T-5 or T-3 to get a little bit more life out of the cell.

Perfect I will go change the settings now. I changed to T-15 thinking "bigger was better" lol. Plates looked great when I put the SWG cell back on in March (after disconnecting for the winter) but I will check again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.