Wrinkles in shallow end

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
We just noticed a large wrinkle in the shallow end of our pool. First time in 12 years, 5 of which with this liner. It is a vinyl inground pool, with hard-packed sides and concrete horizontal surfaces. No apparent bubbles or leaks. Any advice? I did make some progress today moving from a straight line, to some going away, but the main spots have like a 1/4" of slack. This is about 3 feet from the end of the shallow end.

Any thoughts and/or advice?

Thanks20230528_193452.jpg20230528_193510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try working it with a toilet plunger. I've never done it but people have reported success with it.

Was the pool full to the brim at opening ? If it wasn't ground water, it got behind the liner from the top.

Try working it with a toilet plunger. I've never done it but people have reported success with it.

Was the pool full to the brim at opening ? If it wasn't ground water, it got behind the liner from the top.
I drained down to just above skimmers late Fall due to rain. So don't think it got above liner.

New potential and need input from the group.:

I have these new in pool bar stools that have anti slip rubber feet. I have been keeping in pool, and they do move around on their own due to current. Could that do it? Wrinkles have increased a great deal (see pics). Thanks!

We just noticed a large wrinkle in the shallow end of our pool. First time in 12 years, 5 of which with this liner. It is a vinyl inground pool, with hard-packed sides and concrete horizontal surfaces. No apparent bubbles or leaks. Any advice? I did make some progress today moving from a straight line, to some going away, but the main spots have like a 1/4" of slack. This is about 3 feet from the end of the shallow end.

ThanksView attachment 497380View attachment 497381

I have done some additional investigation into this wrinkle issue: It has not rained in 3 weeks here in Central PA. I did a 24 hour bucket test with pumps off, no leak detected. I then did a 24 hour bucket test with pumps running, no leak detected. So this is NOT a water issue. This refocuses on the stool, anti-slip feet and them moving in the current slightly, hitting down when then land.

So the question is - do I use a plunger to attempt to work all these out, or is there a better way (other than draining and reworking the liner. Thank you!

So this is NOT a water issue.
*not a pool water issue. It could easily be runoff or draining getting behind/under the liner. Or coming up from below from groundwater.
do I use a plunger to attempt to work all these out,
With nothing to lose but a half hour and some 4 letter words, I'd have a go with it. :)

*not a pool water issue. It could easily be runoff or draining getting behind/under the liner. Or coming up from below from groundwater.

With nothing to lose but a half hour and some 4 letter words, I'd have a go with it. :)
We are in drought conditions, and there is no spring nearby, so I don't think that is probable. Can never be 100%, but the potential is very low.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.