Wiring SWG to Intermatic T101

xrabbi

Jun 22, 2020
NYC
Apologies if this has already been covered in prior posts. What is recommended way to wire new SWG control unit to same timer controlling the pump? See my setup below. Power from panel comes in from below (120V 40A), runs to pump plug-in box, which also feeds light switch box and GFI outlet. Intermatic T101 timer controls the pump power, wired as shown. What is easiest/most efficient way to tied in power cable from new SWG to same timer control? Appreciated.

20230821_171155.jpg

Will your SWCG have a 120V plug? Do you have a double receptacle where the pump is plugged in?
Your timer cuts power to the receptacle where the pump is plugged in.

I guess I could buy one of those twist lock-to regular 3-prong adapters, then change plug on pump to 3-prong and then use another adapter to plug both pump and SWG into same outlet. Is that bad idea?

I guess I could buy one of those twist lock-to regular 3-prong adapters, then change plug on pump to 3-prong and then use another adapter to plug both pump and SWG into same outlet. Is that bad idea?
Yes, that is a bad idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.