wiring review Black and Decker w/ automation to Aqualink pannel / experience random pump stop and restart

With not running the pump in weeks you probably got algae clogging your filter and slowing your spa spillover.

Clean your filter and do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
Thanks I actually cleaned the filters and continued to brush and vacuum the pool to try and keep it as clean as we could. Still just seems like the volume is less but we did step down from 2 1/2 on the suction side to 2 inch pipes... maybe that's it?

It is maybe also worth noting the cartridge filter pressure went or goes way down when the pump runs below 3250, opd Jandy pump it would be at 20 on clean cartridges, is rpm are 3250 it's at 20, below that 8 or 10 on the pressure valve. Is that expected? So I assume the pressure drop is expected, however does that also mean less GPM to the returns and a decrease in spa overflow function?

Last edited:
So the overflow is still good/bad but maybe expected unless the vsp is running at the like rpms of the old pump 3200+ it just cannot get enough pressure in the spa to travel up to the raised spa amd trigger significant overflow.

@gkw481anyone with the vsp pump amd automation board, do you know what happens if 2 relays/speed controls are open? When setting up my program do I need to plan a amall buffer of stopping one speed before the other?

So the overflow is still good/bad but maybe expected unless the vsp is running at the like rpms of the old pump 3200+ it just cannot get enough pressure in the spa to travel up to the raised spa amd trigger significant overflow.

Same RPMs give about the same flow is what you should expect.
@gkw481anyone with the vsp pump amd automation board, do you know what happens if 2 relays/speed controls are open? When setting up my program do I need to plan a amall buffer of stopping one speed before the other?

The higher speed triggered should take precedent when multiple relays are closed.

Awesome
It will not

You need to shutoff the spillway and schedule the spillover mode.
Thanks! OK sounds like all is well then, and if at 1200 rpms there is no overflow I guess bonus!
The higher speed triggered should take precedent when multiple relays are closed.
Ok so it will not fry the unit? 😃 no cats dogs mass hysteria etc...

Thanks again

I used the Circupool automation adapter with my pump (at the time, the Calimar version wasn't out yet).

On mine, pump speed priority is determined by the wire colors on the automation adapter. From highest to lowest priority: black, white, yellow. If any two relays are engaged, the higher-priority takes precedence. Nothing will blow up 😂.

Reactions: dfwmj
I used the Circupool automation adapter with my pump (at the time, the Calimar version wasn't out yet).

On mine, pump speed priority is determined by the wire colors on the automation adapter. From highest to lowest priority: black, white, yellow. If any two relays are engaged, the higher-priority takes precedence. Nothing will blow up 😂.
Thanks now if I could just figure out why in auto mode it hates the pump running but it's fine is pannel is in service mode or running it from the pump itself.