May 21, 2021
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
Question - I want to hardwire my SWG to the timer for my 2 stage Hayward Pump.

Blue, red, black, green wires coming from the pump.
Green is to ground
Blue is to term 1
Red is to term 4
black is to the left term labeled circle “A”

My SWG has green, white, black wires.

If I want the SWG to turn on with the high speed operation of the pump, I think I would wire as follows:

Green - wire to ground
White - wire to term 3
Black - wire to term 4.

Timer is an Intermatic T40000RT3, pool company used the right side for the timer for the pump. Left side is for lights.

Can someone please confirm?

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    379.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0577.jpeg
    IMG_0577.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
T40000RT3
This is the panel. The timer looks like t106 from the way it’s wired. Although usually you’ll have a t104 that works in tandem with the t106. T104 turns it on low speed and t106 turns high speed on within the scheduled parameter. So that timer never turns the pump off? Just switches between low speed and high speed? Black is most likely your common. Blue and red are high or low speed it just depends on how they are hooked up to the pump. If it was my pool, I would add the t104 find another switch for the lights, and hook it up the right way. That way you could just add swg to the load side of t104 and it will work on high and low speed.

Reactions: 1poolman1
This is the panel. The timer looks like t106 from the way it’s wired. Although usually you’ll have a t104 that works in tandem with the t106. T104 turns it on low speed and t106 turns high speed on within the scheduled parameter. So that timer never turns the pump off? Just switches between low speed and high speed? Black is most likely your common. Blue and red are high or low speed it just depends on how they are hooked up to the pump. If it was my pool, I would add the t104 find another switch for the lights, and hook it up the right way. That way you could just add swg to the load side of t104 and it will work on high and low speed.
Thank you Poolbreh...took me a minute, but now I follow and will take your advice. I like the idea of having the SWG on a separate timer...also looked into and am sourcing a WIFI module to control the lights.

Reactions: Poolbreh
0A172834-229D-444A-A8F2-4F17A24A18B8.jpeg
So you can see the t104 will turn pump on . The t106 will give you control of high and low speed. The high speed tags are placed so high speed will run within the parameters of the t104 tags. Also notice the both clock motors are hooked up to the t104.

Last edited:
I added a box and ended up wiring the SWG to a Kasa smart switch...wanted the lights to go to the Kasa switch, but the lights are 12V so the switch wouldn't power up.