Wiring question for Hayward Pool Heater

joeg679

May 28, 2017
NJ
I ordered a new gas temp unit (pictured). It comes with the orange wire shown, which is good because mine is rusted. I would like to order some more of that wire because it connects other components in the heater and I'd like to replace any old wiring. Is this sole on Amazon, along with the push connectors? I took the sheathing off the wire and it says sew 2 200 degrees. Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 8.56.15 AM.png

Yeah, you need to find a repair store who has a 1,000 foot roll and will sell you some.

You are not going to find that in any retail store.

Check your manual for the wiring harness complete kit.

Example.

1690315218883.png

FDXLWHA1930.png

FDXLWHA1930-2.png

Reactions: DavidArmenB
With a quick look I found this source that seems to allow by the foot selection https://www.nassauelectrical.com/pr...emperature-lead-wire-ul-3231-3071-200-c-black. As to crimpers, I have always found these to be the best premium crimpers "nonratchet" (but somewhat expensive) although you can find them on Ebay at a reduced price "Thomas & Betts WT-111-M T&B Sta-Kon Lug Crimping Tool Crimp Pliers (USA)" ... Thomas & Betts Hand Crimpers & Strippers for sale | eBay . Crimper/stripper combos with the crimper on the handle side of the tool are somewhat weak with the crimping pressure delivered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.