Wiring Help Needed - Replacing a Jandy Pump

edmald

Jan 17, 2024
St. Petersburg, Florida
Hi,

I had a VSPHP270AUT that went bad and i'm installing a VSPHP270DV2A. They aren't exactly the same set and was womdering how to connect my Jandy TrueClear salt system to the relay. I've attached how it was setup before. I know where the ground goes. It looks like 1 black cable goes to L2, then theres a jump from L1 to the Aux Side. Do i attach the jump from L1 to Aux 1, Line 1 and the other black cable to Aux 1, Line 2? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240117_132808.jpg
    20240117_132808.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2337(1).jpg
    IMG_2337(1).jpg
    380 KB · Views: 9
I marked the black wires with red, green, and blue dots below.

Green goes to pump L1
Blue goes to pump L2
Other end of green goes to AUX1 LINE1
Red goes to AUX1 LOAD1

Note that your wiring is not to NEC code and the blue wire should also be switched on LINE2/LOAD2

Connect the blue wire to LOAD2 and install another jumper from pump L2 to LINE2. Now both hot wires are switched and meet code.

IMG_1128.jpeg

I marked the black wires with red, green, and blue dots below.

Green goes to pump L1
Blue goes to pump L2
Other end of green goes to AUX1 LINE1
Red goes to AUX1 LOAD1

Note that your wiring is not to NEC code and the blue wire should also be switched on LINE2/LOAD2

Connect the blue wire to LOAD2 and install another jumper from pump L2 to LINE2. Now both hot wires are switched and meet code.

View attachment 550416

Thank You so much for the clear information! My pool builder got arrested for fraud last year and the company shut down. This is just another example of them cutting corners.

This is just another example of them cutting corners.

Not really. Jandy only provided a single pole AUX relay on the old pump which is suitable to switch 120V circuits and not 240V circuits. On their new pumps then put in double pole AUX relays that can properly switch 120V or 240V circuits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.