Wiring for geothermal secondary heat source

vmwagner

Mar 21, 2024
Iowa
I recently purchased a home with an indoor pool/spa. Primary heat source is an electric heater which works fine. The water is also connected to my geothermal loop for a secondary heat source - however, this doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure it is wired correctly. The pool uses a Pentair Compool EasyTouch Upgrade.

In order for the geothermal loop to activate, it simply needs a thermostat like switch from the panel to activate an inline hot water valve (Honeywell) on my geothermal loop. The valve already has power and works perfectly fine with a cheap in-floor heat wall thermostat (I connected and verified).

The way it was connected when I moved in was via the high voltage relay connected to the J17(Solar) relay on the board. In the settings - the solar was set to heat pump (nothing is connected to valve A) and when I switch heat mode to solar only it doesn't activate the geothermal valve (and the solar light on the front of the panel never comes on).

I apologize if I missed any pertinent information. Can anyone help?

Hello VM and welcome to TFP! :wave: You asked this question a couple weeks ago and no one replied. :( I came across it today and wanted to see if you figured out a resolution or still needed help. If you do, please let us know. We'll tag some folks who may be able to assist.