Wiring an Intermatic P1353M3

May 5, 2012
I have incoming power wired in as white wire to lug 1, black wire to lug 2, green wire to ground lug in timer box. Timer works and I have set the time and set up events for circuit 1 and 2. Timer is set to 120 volts and is in Mode 1.

Circuit 1 is my circulation pump. I cut the plug off and attached the white wire to lug3, and the black wire to lug4, and the green wire to the ground lug.

Circuit 2 is my Stenner pump. I cut the plug off and attached the white wire to lug 5, the black wire to lug 6, and the green wire to the ground lug.

Since I don't understand what the manual means by line and load, this is what I though they meant. However, circuits 1 and 2 do not work. Pressing the on/off button will cause a slight click, and the indicator will show aux1 or aux2. But the pump2 do not come on!

I hope the attached photo will make sense to you if my description doesn't.

Where have I gone wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 18
Line is incoming power, load is the load, or the pump(s) in this case.. Im assuming you're wanting to run everything off of 1 breaker. pull your white wires off of 3 and 5, and tie them together with the white wire on 1. You may have to create a pigtail and use a wire nut to do that. Then you will need a short piece of black wire to connect 2 to 3 and 3 to 5.

if you're wanting to run everything on separate breakers, let me know.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah one breaker is all I have. I'll rewire it now, your explanation makes sense and I can see how the timer can open and close the circuits. Do you think I may have damaged something by wiring it up incorrectly?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.