Winter questions

Lynn5707

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Hi,

We have had our auto cover two winters. The first winter our pool had a leak and water level dropped and cover caved in. Liner has been replaced and all seems well with the pool. I must say I am a little paranoid about the water level during the winter. Last winter was mild and I actually removed the cover and checked it during the winter. What do others do during the winter? I have thought about purchasing another safety cover, but they are too expensive. Just wondering what others do during the winter.

Thanks!

I'd check the water level before any big freezes. That way you're reasonably sure it'll be fine (support wise) until it thaws.

Reactions: Lynn5707
Thanks for the helpful responses!

I have a raypak heater (see pic below) which has vents and openings on the top. So based on what you said should I just get enough plastic to cover the top part and leave the rest open? In addition to rodents, am also worried about trapping moisture and causing rust.

Attachments

• IMG_5928.png
    IMG_5928.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.