Kindnest

Aug 31, 2021
Montclair, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ah! I thought I had solved the problem of why the cover pump was draining the pool. I put it back on automatic. (I finally read that the cover is porous and if leaning on water it will suck the water out. :(. ) The pool is just about empty and losing its shape. I am thinking the first step is to fill it back to the skimmer hole as it is starting to lose its shape and I am worried about the liner. Don’t really want to take the cover off yet. Can I just fill it with the cover to the skimmer hole and see if it starts to retain its shape and wait a few weeks to take cover off and get skimmer on and chemicals set up etc.

Ok- I hear you. A few things- One, I may not be able to really address this fully until next weekend. So it would sit as is for a week. It has about 1/2 foot of water in bottom. Any thoughts on that? Two, when I take the cover off and examine the liner fully, what am I looking for? Three, how should i move ahead with filling it and deciding if i need a new liner. Every time i think i have a handle on this pool I end up at square 1. ….