West liberty/ ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have discovered that adding water tubes on top of my winter cover around the inner edges I have eliminated wind lift. Fill the tubes around 50%, allowing for freezing, tie bungee cords or rope 1 foot from each end and connect to wire holding winter cover on. Run water tubes end to end thus circling the inner edges of the pool. The water tubes can be bought at many different places, hopefully this helps you as it did for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-183945_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221109-183945_Chrome.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20221109-185702_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221109-185702_Chrome.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 33
I saw a video where a guy just used pvc laid in tight around the inside edge (not glued). Reusable every year. He did this to not only help with the wind but also ensure there were no “pockets” of water because he installed a drain in his cover that was plumbed to the return & worked via gravity. I like the idea because it doesn’t add any weight to the cover really but the wind isn’t too terrible here so I have never tried it. If your waterbags play out on you it may be a good reusable option.

i have a mesh cover and get a good bit of wind. the cover tends to lift and let in a lot of debris. i have tried last couple years using foam pipe around the outer edges of cover but they tend to blow out, or worse, in. So this year i am trying water tubes along the outer edges and so far so good. i first tried adding them just inside the foam pipes but that didnt work, so i took out the foam and just used the tubes. so far much easier to deal with too. we'll see.....

I saw a video where a guy just used pvc laid in tight around the inside edge (not glued).
You can use flex PVC and cap the ends and fill partially with water to weigh it down.

One piece of 1.5" or 2" flex can fit the perimeter.

Fill the pipe as much as you want with water and then use a coupling to connect both ends or maybe a union so that you can reuse the pipe without cutting off the caps.

Maybe add some antifreeze to prevent freezing.

Reactions: Newdude
The guy didn’t put water in the pipe- it was just pushed tight against the wall. He used pvc with bell ends. The only piece you need to cut is the last one. I believe it was 3/4” or 1” so it bowed nicely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.