Will Pentair 520593 with IC40 work for what I need.....

pbanda

May 21, 2015
Phoenixville,PA
I have a @25,000 inground gunite pool only (no heater) with a Pentair SuperFlo VS 1.5 HP pump (bought 2 years ago to prep for SWG)
Needs:
  • Control/run SWG
  • Control/run Pump
  • Control/run Pressure side Polaris once a day for an hour or two
I am thinking of getting the 520593 IC40 with 1 additional actuator with the hope that I can use the controller to run the pump mostly on low (as low can go to kick on SWG) and then have it run on high for a few hours and have one of the high hours move the valve to force more pressure to Polaris.
I don't really have any needs for lighting or anything else.
I think this setup will work, I just want to make sure that I don't need the pool/spa combined controller or some other setup.
Please let me know what you guys think!

Your issue is the Superflo VS pump. It does not have the serial cable capability to be controlled by an EasyTouch.

@Jimrahbe may have other ideas.

P,

Since you do not have a Spa, then the EasyTouch 520593 will work for you, but the main problem is your pump...

The SuperFlo VS does not have a com port, so you cannot control it like you can an IntelliFlo pump. To control the SuperFlo, you will have to buy a special control cable that allows you to use discrete voltage inputs to select the speed you want. You will need one relay for each speed that you want to run.

The ET-4 that you have chosen has 4 relays, called the Pump/Filter relay and Aux 1, 2 and 3. The SWCG must use the Pump/Filter relay, that leaves you with three relays.. If your Polaris uses a booster pump that uses another relay.. If not, you can use a Feature Circuit to move a valve, so you still have three relays to use for speed control, but will not have any room for future items you might want to control..

If you want to control things using your PC, Tablet or phone, you will need to purchase the ScreenLogic add on at about $400 bucks.

That said, the EasyTouch is now old technology, so it would be worth your while to look at the new IntelliCenter. Can't hurt to look.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.