Wichita
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our PB is suggesting a Polaris 380 w/ booster pump because we have an auto cover. He says the robots typically require the cover open or cord ran through the skimmer.

Anyone have experience otherwise?

I really want to use a robot.

I plan to have the plumbing installed and capped for a booster so we could always add.

I run my robot with a cover - the cord fits in the corner where the cover bar hits the coping - there is usually a small area to easily fit the cord. The bar can also close on the cord without issues - I try not to do that. My original cover for many years was always a tiny bit crooked on closing and made a bigger gap on one corner. We just had our cover replaced this last spring and it closes much better against the coping - but the cord still fits right in the corner.

I have no problems running under the cover with the cord tucked under the corner of the cover where it meets the coping. If i could only solve the problem of it getting stuck on one of the drains periodically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.