peatun

Aug 25, 2021
HI all,
I have an old mechanical style timer switch controlling my pump and salt system. I bought a wifi one off amazon in the off season while it was on sale and I'm having an issue wiring it up.
I'm a retired electrical engineer so I thought this would be easy but from what I can tell from the directions this thing is a shock hazard. It's a

Suraielec WiFi Pool Timer​

but the included directions have me wiring for 2 220 loads and putting a hot leg on each load. Shouldn't both legs run through the switching ports so they are all off when not in use? According to step 5 on the directions this thing is dangerous. Maybe I'm missing something here but shouldn't I just wire it up as in example 4 and double the loads up together?

Attachments

• timer.png
    timer.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 5
HI all,
I have an old mechanical style timer switch controlling my pump and salt system. I bought a wifi one off amazon in the off season while it was on sale and I'm having an issue wiring it up.
I'm a retired electrical engineer so I thought this would be easy but from what I can tell from the directions this thing is a shock hazard. It's a

Suraielec WiFi Pool Timer​

but the included directions have me wiring for 2 220 loads and putting a hot leg on each load. Shouldn't both legs run through the switching ports so they are all off when not in use? According to step 5 on the directions this thing is dangerous. Maybe I'm missing something here but shouldn't I just wire it up as in example 4 and double the loads up together?
For a single-speed pump and SWG that are on one timer, use diagram 4, not 5, for a 240V load.