Wide mouth skimmer replacement

Mr Uncle Ray

Jun 14, 2023
NYC
Hi guys thanks for the add.
I have a question in regards to replacing a wide mouth skimmer on a metal AG pool.
I had a new liner installed and the installer used my old skimmer he missed some holes on the gasket and it started to leak. I am going to replace the skimmer with a new one, 1 it’s old, 2 the screw holes are cracked and thinking it’s less of a headache.
The installer put duct tape on the hole edges in the wall of pool, I guess for sharp edges. Should I replaced the duct tape over the edge? I removed all the tape residue and silicone they added for a clean surface.
Also should I use silicone in addition to the gaskets. The new skimmer came with 2 gaskets not butterfly type.
Thanks all

Hi guys thanks for the add.
I have a question in regards to replacing a wide mouth skimmer on a metal AG pool.
I had a new liner installed and the installer used my old skimmer he missed some holes on the gasket and it started to leak. I am going to replace the skimmer with a new one, 1 it’s old, 2 the screw holes are cracked and thinking it’s less of a headache.
The installer put duct tape on the hole edges in the wall of pool, I guess for sharp edges. Should I replaced the duct tape over the edge? I removed all the tape residue and silicone they added for a clean surface.
Also should I use silicone in addition to the gaskets. The new skimmer came with 2 gaskets not butterfly type.
Thanks all
Here's a video on how to do it:

I've never done it myself but it looks as if you have a wide mouth hole it's easy enough but I only see install videos with butterfly gaskets. Maybe purchase one to make sure all goes well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.