Why is my new SWCG making my pool cloudy with bubbles!?

My point is more about voiding the warranty than anything else.,...then again how could they prove that, I doubt they test water when doing a replacement.

That thread that I've never seen til just now seems to debunk that notion.

Kodak, just so you know, I'm vinyl, have a gas heater, and run my calcium lower than that. My heater is 15 years old. 150 is the general level that helps avoid foaming in hot tubs, so fwiw, given the bubbles, even though you're a pool, I think its not a bad idea to leave the calcium there, or if you really wanted, bump it up a bit to 200.

Borjis, if having low calcium means having a very negative csi, that may be the basis, or "idiot proofing" on the part of the mfg re warranty. I am also told by metal contol mfgs that I should be keeping 200 ppm for optimal efficacy of sequestrant. I'm not complying at the moment for other reasons (I fill with softened water now) but did want you to know both that there may be other reasons to maintain some calcium in terms of water aggressiveness, but that my heater is still working like a champ in the field ;) Just a data point!

Just one last little bit of advice -
Stay upwind when adding the Muratic acid - don't breath the fumes.
Your SWG is a source of aeration - the high TA combined with the cell will make your PH climb. I suspect you will be adding a weekly dose of acid until the TA drops down into range. The high TA is not of any concern so it doesn't have to be done rapidly.

In my clients pools that have a similar situation I find I'm adding weekly at the start of the season and less by the end of the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.