Why is CYA still low?

So i got the 50 ppm CYA testing agent from TFT. I ran the test a few times and each time I was pretty darn close to the standard. Normally within 5ppm and a few times right on. So I think i can safely say I am doing the test correctly.

I retested CYA and came up with 20. Whats the deal? Where is my CYA going?

Excellent guesses . . . . but skimmer has not been cleaned. Did I say I cleaned it somewhere? If so that was a mistake.

I added some more CYA this AM before I left the house. Not sure exactly how much. I'm guessing about 2 pounds. One pound into the skimmer. Second pound in a sock in front of a return jet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your original post said one week. I know mine, hanging in the sock, sat for two days, with pump running about 8 hours per day, and hadn't gone down much until I stood and squeezed it. Second addition I only put half in, squeezed more often, and it dissolved quickly.

Your original post said one week. I know mine, hanging in the sock, sat for two days, with pump running about 8 hours per day, and hadn't gone down much until I stood and squeezed it. Second addition I only put half in, squeezed more often, and it dissolved quickly.
My original post said I last added a week ago. That post was made a week ago, so that's now 2 weeks. I don't know much about cya, besides what I've read on here, but it doesn't seem it would stay in the filter for two weeks.

Anyhow, the cya I added this morning raised my numbers to 35. The sock method, placed in front of return jet, almost all dissolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.