Who's still swimming?

We're done. Took the solar cover off Monday- pool temp dropped 10 degrees in 48 hours- guess it was time. The solar cover had kept the water around 80 degrees, and air temps were in the 80's, but we had some fierce winds, so the water felt cold- that and I'm a wimp. We swam daily up until last week. Now it is time for yardwork, landscape around the pool, install a solar heater- get ready for next year swimming.
Looked at hot tubs while at the state fair-never though I would want one, but now that I am used to swimming every day? Hmmm.

Rob -
There have been seasons when I kept exercising in the pool until the temperature dropped to 55, but this year I stopped when it got down to 60 about 10 days ago. One winter when I left the pool uncovered, we had a warm stretch in January with air temps in the 70's for several days. Pool water got up to about 48 and two of my sons jumped in and swam a lap fully submerged. Not for me!

After a cool October, water temperature today is 57 - still debating about whether or not to put on the cover, either just for leaf season or for the entire winter . . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.