Who Here (Also) Suffers from IntelliCenter App Laggyness, Disconnects and General Crappy Experience?

ShallowWater

May 8, 2020
Riverside, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
More often than not the app acts like it's working when it's not. It says waiting for connection or whatever and never confirms it's connected. Most of the time even minutes later after using it I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and the app has crashed or is just unresponsive. I close the app to reload and sometimes it doesn't connect or takes an unacceptable amount of time to connect. I bought IntelliCenter to have the latest and greatest but it seemsmy Brother in Laws Screen Logic is more reliable with a local connection especially which I cannot get to work at all. If my internet is down I have to old school it at the Load Center..FC8D6D76-9108-427B-91AD-46969396F359.jpeg

What firmware is running at the OCP? What version is your Intellicenter phone app?

I have only connected to remote system, when I’m done, I log off and swipe up to remove the app from the background.

What firmware is running at the OCP? What version is your Intellicenter phone app?

I have only connected to remote system, when I’m done, I log off and swipe up to remove the app from the background.
I know it's been a while. Been busy. Sorry!

I downgraded the f/w to 1.064 when the latest didn't work with the time change and the app is.. wait a minute, it won't open.. iOS 2.13.10

I had a somewhat similar experience when I first installed the app, until I hardwired the Intellicenter itself and took it off WiFi (I was going to run the cable anyway but noticed a much improved experience on the app side after I did it). Is your Intellicenter wireless or wired connection? If wireless you might try looking at the signal strength at the box and/or putting a repeater near the box.

Just a thought

I had a somewhat similar experience when I first installed the app, until I hardwired the Intellicenter itself and took it off WiFi (I was going to run the cable anyway but noticed a much improved experience on the app side after I did it). Is your Intellicenter wireless or wired connection? If wireless you might try looking at the signal strength at the box and/or putting a repeater near the box.

Just a thought
It's wireless with the proprietary wireless device from Pentair. The device is literally on the other side of the wall. I need to punch an ethernet cable through and disconnect that thing because I really don't like wireless devices in my home that I cannot control either with my Ubiquiti Router or my Z-Wave Home Automation Controller.

Reactions: MyAZPool and BDY
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.