Mar 25, 2022
Louisiana
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just came back from vacation and I'm seeing a ton of these white flakes in my pool. Its right at a year old, 12k gal, gunite w/ hayward vfd pump, filter, and SWG.

The flakes generally are settling in the corners under my return jets, but I'm not sure if that's because they're being produced by something flaking off in the pump system/piping or if it's just the way my 4 jets point in my rectangular pool to push everything toward the single skimmer.

Flakes are super thin and fall apart/dissolve if I try to pick them up, which makes me think maybe it's something salting up somewhere?

Any advice is welcomed! Can get more pics if it helps. Forgive the dirt. We've been out of town for 5 days and I haven't run the vacuum, which may be allowing these to build up as well as the dirt that's there.

Attachments

• 20230531_172556.jpg
    20230531_172556.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230531_172530.jpg
    20230531_172530.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 7
Your last chemistry data in Poolmath is from 19 days ago.

Those likely are from the SWCG. High pH with high TA can create scale in the SWCG.

Reactions: nickyt
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.