Which variable pump to use with Solar Touch controller?

Currently running a 1hp Hayward single speed pump on a 28' round AG, SD-60 sand filter, Solar Touch controller, six solar heat panels on the roof of the adjacent garage. That pump seems to move enough water for this setup, but is getting noisy and overheated today for the first time ever.

I'd like to know what to replace it with when it dies. I'd like to upgrade to a variable speed pump, but am confused about what pump to use with the Solar Touch controller. That unit is dated, and the recommended pumps in the manual are discontinued. Pentair's website isn't very helpful. I could call them, but reading some threads here suggests that might not be that rewarding.

Can anyone recommend a variable pump to use with the Solar Touch, either from experience with a pairing or a basic knowledge of that controller and the range of pumps available? I'd like to be able to run the pump at a low speed when not heating, higher speed when the controller shunts flow to the panels, and the idea of a boost setting seems valuable for quicker clean ups when necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.