Which shape? Mt.Pond or rectangle?

I would recommend two of the 5G LED lights for a pool that size. Our pool is that size and we have two. One would be much too dark for my taste.

We skipped all the boulders and stone waterfalls, free form attempts to look like a natural water feature. Our view was we were building a swimming pool, with no attempt to disguise it as some kind of natural pond. Besides we felt that the free form designs were a bit overdone and preferred the return to the classic clean geometric designs. It's interesting how design trends all seem to have their day, and now some 40 or 50 year old designs can look more "modern" that ones from 5 or 10 years ago.

Our yard already had a lot of mature landscaping and the landscaping was very natural looking so we went with the pond look. I think it just depends on your taste. You can do laps in pond shaped pool if it has the same length as a rectangle pool. We also have a wall to lower the pool down for our slope. Here are some photos our pool is very close to the size you are looking at. Ours is 37x23.

pool2_zps0ir0jpnx.jpg

pool3_zpsb0ejmlyp.jpg

pool1_zpsa5aa0lu6.jpg

Just don't read Umm's thread or you will get very scared about the process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.