Amyannwilson

Aug 9, 2019
Iowa
Hi me again. Anyone have any experience with In the Swim. I am Torn between the following two covers. The off brand kind of scares me and wondering if I’m better off staying with a name brand. So I guess my question is which of the covers from In the Swim would you get deluxe or commercial(descpription below). I called their customer service and they said commercial only blocks 93% vs 98 on deluxe. Am I better off to pay more for a higher sun block. OR. Scrap In the Swim and go with a name brand like loop loc and pay like $600 more. Thanks any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• E6916F43-908D-4608-BF95-BC39F7E29474.jpeg
    E6916F43-908D-4608-BF95-BC39F7E29474.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 22
I honestly don't know what the difference is between the Deluxe cover you show and the branded covers from Merlin, LoopLoc, etc. My guess is they use some higher quality components and/or materials. But then again, it may just be nothing more than the brand and quality is the same. I have a Merlin Smartmesh and am getting ready to install it for the 7th season and it looks like it's in perfect shape, except for the tubing pieces that cover the springs, but they are essentially a wear item.

Merlin markets theirs as 100% shade and tout is as being a patented material for what it's worth.

Fwiw my solar cover from intheswim was very good quality. I was really on the fence with the generic purchase but figured a couple hundred was worth it. My local store wanted 2 to 3 times the price for a name brand. I gambled and won, but as the price goes up, my willingness to gamble decreases usually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.