Which model Compupool?

Dryfly

Apr 27, 2012
I have a 24,000 gallon pebbletec pool in Phoenix, Arizona. Currently, I have a Pool Thing brand SWG that has had the cells go out. A replacement cell from the manufacturer was quoted at $500-$800. Considering the fact that the control unit is a simple analog device with no modern features (i.e. flow monitor, salt level), I think I am best off to buy a new Compupool unit and update both the cell and power unit. Being price sensitive, I am looking at the Compupool brand. I am deciding between the CPSC36 and the CPSC48. I know that more capacity is better with SWG's, but will I be OK with the unit rated up to 40,000 gallons? Thanks in advance for for any help. Let me know if I need ot provide more details.

dry fly

Welcome to TFP!

Both units will work well with your pool. The larger one will be more cost effective in the long run. Even though it costs more up front, it will last enough longer to make up for that.

What are you currently using for your pump run time. I've got a 17K pool, pump runs about 8 hours and CPSC 48 is set at 80%. I'm happy with my unit. If you can the price difference between the CPSC 36 and 48 isn't that much. I think it's worth going with the the larger unit.

I have been running the pump 12 hours a night in summer. The Pool Thing unit just has a rotary dial with "more" on one side and "less" on the other, so I have no real idea of output. It had 9 plates in the cell, so I assume it was sized for a larger pool. Thanks for the quick replies.

I've got the CPSC36 on my 21k gal pool, and like masand, only ran it at about 40% last summer, unless I had a swim party, then I'd bump it up to about 60%.
Ran the pump about 9 or so hours during the hottest part of the day, somewhere around 10-7 or something like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.