Which Lights?

amattas

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I have Pentair Quick Niches (620004) in my pool. It was originally configured for 120v lighting, I converted it to 12v 6 years ago with Hayward Color Logic lights.

One of the lights is now failing, and I need to switch them again. The options with my Niche's seem to be

Hayward Color Logic
J&J ColorSplash (now owned by Hayward)
Jandy Watercolors

Does anyone have a recommendation on which light has the best longevity?

I have Pentair Quick Niches (620004) in my pool. It was originally configured for 120v lighting, I converted it to 12v 6 years ago with Hayward Color Logic lights.

One of the lights is now failing, and I need to switch them again. The options with my Niche's seem to be

Hayward Color Logic
J&J ColorSplash (now owned by Hayward)
Jandy Watercolors

Does anyone have a recommendation on which light has the best longevity?
Longevity coupled with LED lighting is an oxymoron

@amattas
I can't tell you which of the lights that you listed above have the best longevity.
BUT, I can tell you that in Q4, 2018, I installed J&J 120v Color Splash LED's replacing an old Amerilite incandescent.

Since then, I have run those LED's from sundown to 11:00pm, 365 days a year and they are just as good today as they were in 2018. No problems.
Good luck with your pool light replacement.
r.

Last edited:
@amattas
I can't tell you which of the lights that you listed above have the best longevity.
BUT, I can tell you that in Q4, 2018, I installed J&J 120v Color Splash LED's replacing an old Amerilite incandescent.

Since then, I have run those LED's from sundown to 11:00pm, 365 days a year and they are just as good today as they were in 2018. No problems.
Good luck with your pool light replacement.
r.
Sounds like better shape than I'm in. Now either both of them are going bad, or the transformer is going bad for me too. I think it was a lightning strike to be honest that fried them.

None of the lights have been sold long enough to evaluate long term longevity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.