which Hayward pump do I want?

There really is no one right answer and any of the pumps I showed would be a good choice. It is more about the trade offs and what is more important to you.

Any of the two speeds will use about the same amount of energy per month so it just comes down to the cost of the pump and flow rate. The Whisperflo WFDS-3/24 (115v) gives a lot of flow rate for the energy used but it costs more than the others so if that is an issue, then I would go with the Superflo SF-N2-1A (230v). However, if you are looking for long term energy savings and up front cost is less of an issue, the Intelliflo VS 011018 (230v) would be a good choice.

Also, your decision could be weighted by the power supply which is why I put the voltage in parenthesis.

Is your current pump a 230v or 115v connection?

Also, are you planning any changes in the future such as adding solar?

Depending on what's making the noise - it might be simpler to just replace the motor with a like motor and be done with it. If it is the pump (wet end), I would probably go with something comparable to what you have now - 3/4 HP SuperPump / 3/4 HP Superflo , but there are a number of pumps that would also work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.