May 5, 2020
Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

Replacing our sand filter and pump. Most likely going with Pentair Clean and Clear. Will 320 sq ft be okay (want to clean the filters as infrequently as possible :) ) or should we just go ahead and go with the 420?

Re pump -- we don't have pool lights, or a heater. May convert to a salt water generator in the future, but TBD as to whether it is actually worth it to us. We had gotten a quote for the Pentair superflo VS, but the pool store told us it is being phased out, or at least one of the parts of it is. They werent saying we cant get it, but did let us know that. I look at Pentair's website and see that they say they have discontinued that, but still have the superflo VST. Pool store also quoted us on the intelliflo3, which has alll of the automation, which seems neat, but we don't have the need for it, I am guessing?

Are there any other specs we should be concerned about as to what kind of pump with the size filter?

THanks!

With a 24k gal pool I would definitely go with the 420 model Pentair filter. You can never be too big when selecting a cartridge filter.
If you have any desire to go with a SWCG then it would be best to purchase the IntelliFlo3 now as that can accommodate the connection for the SWCG. Also, going with 3HP allows the capability to run at a slow speed which saves energy and yet move lots of water