Which AGP Ladder would you recommend...

May 22, 2014
Newmanstown PA
I tore down my old deck of 10 years and will be installing a composite one over the next two weeks. My Wife and I are looking at replacing our pool ladder as well at that time. Which pool ladder would you recommend? I plan to affix the ladder to the new deck. Currently I am considering this one, but if I don't need to spend this much I certainly won't :)
Thanks,
Judd

Are you looking for a ladder or for steps?

This will be used to from the new deck into the pool correct?

I have the confer curve steps and really like them. They are about half the cost of the ones you are looking at. I have just the base unit not the additional side piece.

I tore down my old deck of 10 years and will be installing a composite one over the next two weeks. My Wife and I are looking at replacing our pool ladder as well at that time. Which pool ladder would you recommend? I plan to affix the ladder to the new deck. Currently I am considering this one, but if I don't need to spend this much I certainly won't :)
Thanks,
Judd
There are a few options under $300, depending on color & step size desired, all with decent/good reviews

I also have the Confer curve steps and I love them. Wife likes them because grandkids can easily step in and out of the pool from our deck and I like them because it's fairly easy to brush behind them to get rid of any algae that tries to hide there. Nice looking also. Like Chuck, I only have the main piece, not the curved addition.

Are you looking for a ladder or for steps?

This will be used to from the new deck into the pool correct?

I have the confer curve steps and really like them. They are about half the cost of the ones you are looking at. I have just the base unit not the additional side piece.

I was looking for steps going from the new deck to the pool, that's correct. Thanks for sharing and posting the link, I appreciate it!

I also have the Confer curve steps and I love them. Wife likes them because grandkids can easily step in and out of the pool from our deck and I like them because it's fairly easy to brush behind them to get rid of any algae that tries to hide there. Nice looking also. Like Chuck, I only have the main piece, not the curved addition.

Thanks for posting. I too want something kid friendly and while I thought the bigger steps I posted would be a tad wasteful I was thinking they were plenty big for the kids, but your feedback helps since you have grandkids getting in/out of the pool. I'll certainly be considering these.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that commented. I ordered the confer curve steps, built them last night and installed into my pool. Right out of the gate I noticed the steps stay planted well in the pool, even without being screwed down up top yet, and I like the increased width compared to my old steps. All I need to do is figure out how I will mount them to my freshly installed Trex deck.

Again, Thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that commented. I ordered the confer curve steps, built them last night and installed into my pool. Right out of the gate I noticed the steps stay planted well in the pool, even without being screwed down up top yet, and I like the increased width compared to my old steps. All I need to do is figure out how I will mount them to my freshly installed Trex deck.

Again, Thanks!

Very carefully. LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just use the paddle like arms that are part of the steps and screw them down to the deck like it says to in the instructions. The stainless screws that come with the steps are high quality not one has rusted in the last 3 years even being screwed into PT lumber.

Do you have any pics of your new Trex deck to share? We installed our pool last year and knew we needed a better entry/exit solution pretty quickly. We decided to build a deck this spring before swim season got into full swing. We went with Trex products also! There’s a link to our deck build in my signature, which we just completed a few weeks ago (Memorial day weekend). I wouldn’t recommend the wedding cake style steps to anyone! They breed algae due to lack of water circulation behind and under them. We endured months of trouble with them last summer so we ditched ours after one horrible season. This year we got a ladder that we attached to our deck. It has a little platform at the top to prevent weight on the top rail of the pool. You can see pics of it in my deck build thread. Here’s a link:
Confer Gray Economy Above Ground in-Pool Ladder - 635-52X Amazon.com : Confer Gray Economy Above Ground in-Pool Ladder - 635-52X : Garden & Outdoor

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.