Where to get bleach?

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
I've been using a mix of 10% pool essentials from Walmart and 12.5% from local pool places to chlorinate, but when I got back from vacation, I found Walmart to be sold out for the season and the stock at the pool stores growing old. Understandable as it is the end of the season. I asked one store to order me an unbroken case in thinking it might be newer, 17060 was the date. I'm seeing like 1/3-1/2 of the FC I should be, so I guess I'm buying bleach for the next couple weeks till I give up on the pool for the year. Is walmart the best place? Dollar store? Grocery store? Is there a certain brand that's preferred? Or just the newest unscented not splashless I can find?

In my area (Hicksville, Long Island, NY) "Great Value" bleach @ Walmart is the best value I'm aware of. It's 8.25% and sells for $2.94 per 121 oz jug. Dollar store and grocery store brands normally don't indicate their concentrations which tells me it's well below 8%. My local BJs sells Clorox jugs 3 for $8.99. I stopped buying that when Clorox changed their formula several months ago.

Hi Isee your in Pa, I live in North Maryland and have a Redners Grocery store near me that sells that's liquid Pool shock for a pack of 4 1gallon Jugs for $10.00. Since I discovered this I have been buying 3 cases at a time and using this to chorlinate. It's the best deal if you have. Redners store near you maybe they carry it too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.