Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I just got an Intellivalve that will control my pool returns (which will be primarily on), and if I have to turn on my water feature. So it is going on a 3-way

From a wiring standpoint, do I just put the 3 pin in either the Return or Intake? I also see other wires (yellow and green) in the Intellivalve wiring. Do I need to connect these somewhere?

Thanks.

Rich,

The Intake and Return valve are programed to only move when you select either Pool or Spa.

You want to turn that valve on or off based on turning your water feature on and off, so it will need to be either A or B valve..

Keep in mind that the valve will not have 3 positions, even if it is called a 3-way valve.. It will either be all the way one way or all the way the other way. Think on or off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Rich,

The Intake and Return valve are programed to only move when you select either Pool or Spa.

You want to turn that valve on or off based on turning your water feature on and off, so it will need to be either A or B valve..

Keep in mind that the valve will not have 3 positions, even if it is called a 3-way valve.. It will either be all the way one way or all the way the other way. Think on or off.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks.

Does that mean I would connect the 3 pin to Valve A or B? If so, what about the green/yellow wires?

Also, although the “on/off analogy” is fine as you explained, I thought I was able to do a 75/25 split if I wanted to with the Intellivalve.

Rich,

You can set the stops where ever you want, but it will always move from one stop to the other stop.

The yellow and green are not used... yet... I would not hold your breath... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
ok thanks...

so I have setup the home stop "0" and another stop. I have been playing around INtellicenter, but cant seem to find a way to control it using the Intellicenter. CAn you assist?

so I have setup the home stop "0" and another stop. I have been playing around INtellicenter, but cant seem to find a way to control it using the Intellicenter. CAn you assist?

You can only set the IntelliValve stops on the actuator display in SERVICE mode, not on the IntelliCenter.

Rich,

Let's say you want to control your waterfall..

You would set up a Feature Circuit (or Aux Circuit) and call it "Waterfall".. (You can call it whatever you want, it does not matter..)

Then you would go into the Valve set up page and assign "Waterfall" to Valve A or B.. (Which ever one your actuator is plugged into..)

Then, when you push the "Waterfall" icon, the valve will turn.. When you push the icon again the valve will return to its original position.

Also, you will most likely want your pump to run at a specific speed to make the waterfall look like you want. Let's pretend that your pump needs to run at 2800 to make the waterfall look good.

You would then go into the pump speed set up page, and assign a speed of 2800 RPM, to the Waterfall circuit. When you push the Waterfall icon, the valve will turn and the pump will speed up..

As Allen points out, the stops are set using the IntelliValve itself.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Rich,

Let's say you want to control your waterfall..

You would set up a Feature Circuit (or Aux Circuit) and call it "Waterfall".. (You can call it whatever you want, it does not matter..)

Then you would go into the Valve set up page and assign "Waterfall" to Valve A or B.. (Which ever one your actuator is plugged into..)

Then, when you push the "Waterfall" icon, the valve will turn.. When you push the icon again the valve will return to its original position.

Also, you will most likely want your pump to run at a specific speed to make the waterfall look like you want. Let's pretend that your pump needs to run at 2800 to make the waterfall look good.

You would then go into the pump speed set up page, and assign a speed of 2800 RPM, to the Waterfall circuit. When you push the Waterfall icon, the valve will turn and the pump will speed up..

As Allen points out, the stops are set using the IntelliValve itself.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. All of that is really helpful.

last question just for my own clarity...there is no way to have one pre-set stop? the 2 stops are now 0 and 24...but can it be 0 and 18?

last question just for my own clarity...there is no way to have one pre-set stop? the 2 stops are now 0 and 24...but can it be 0 and 18?

Yes, you can set any two stop positions for the IntelliValve to move between.

You set the stop positions on the IntelliValve control panel on the top of the actuator.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.