Where to buy solar cover - recommendations?

LapPoolMike

Bronze Supporter
May 13, 2017
Saint Petersburg, FL
I'd like to get a solar cover for my lap pool, it is 11 feet wide and 60 feet long. I've read on this forum that an 8mil cover is all I need. The pool is in full sun for most of the day. I'd like to minimize overnight heat loss so that my morning swims aren't so frigid! I guess I'm going to need a custom sized cover for my application? Any suggestions on where to buy a good quality cover?

Any other tips on what to look for in a cover? Clear or not clear? Material? Brand/manufacturer? etc. Thanks!

Check inyopools. At the bottom they you can contact them for a custom size cover. Also, for solar cover, definitely want clear. Think about a greenhouse, clear roof let's sunlight and warmth in, and traps it in warming everything up. An opaque cover would just warm the cover up, and since heat rises, the pool wouldn't warm much.

The general consensus is to buy cheap ones as they last just as long as the pricey ones.

You can get a couple covers and cut them to fit. Two smaller sections would be easier to remove than one really long one.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.