Where does an installer typically run plumbing? Is it under the pool deck they installed or under my existing patio? Photos...

caliskier

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Hi, I am looking to make a major addition to my home (dark gray top left).

I want to make sure whatever I do does not go on top of the pool lines, that is my question.

I have an existing in ground liner type pool, the pad is what they installed (light gray.)
I am wondering if the red lines that I put in for the sake of this post are where they ran all the plumbing. (red lines represent returns, drains and skimmers)
I would not think they ran it anywhere else (grass is everywhere the patio (white square, labeled) is not. Patio came with the foundation of the house I believe. I know it was poured before the pool was probably by a few years.
The pump and filter would be way off to the far right next to the existing house (rock looking walls)
Note, I believe my new structure will impact the pool light which is installed at the deep end which is on the left side of the pool. I would just need to cut it and splice it in elsewhere.

1685815141530.png

I am wondering if the red lines that I put in for the sake of this post are where they ran all the plumbing.
Perhaps. You may be quite close, but that's a tough call for us to confirm. Have you considered calling an expert to pinpoint those lines? It's an expense, but with some air injection and deck plate listening devices, they can quickly tell you where those lines are to avoid a digging disaster and to help you with the planning.

They can also mark them with a radio transmitting probe inserted into the pool plumbing. It's fairly expensive though I had it done for my septic line before I had my pool installed and it was $600.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.