Where do you store your muriatic acid?

I know this thread is very old, but wanted to add my method of storing MA. I went to Home Depot and got a 5 gallon homer bucket with a lid. The lid has a decent rubber seal. I took the bucket behind my shed and buried it half way in the ground. That was for stability. I put the gallon container of MA in the bucket and put the lid on the bucket. I had no insect or water intrusion in the bucket for over 6 months which included over winter storage in Michigan. Total cost of the bucket and lid is $6.

The only thing I don’t like about this solution is that the bucket lid holds water on top. Not a lot so I just chalked it up to, no solution is perfect. Anyway, I’m happy with this solution because it kept the gallon jug clean, kept it safely stored and buy its nature, the bucket provides backup to contain any leakage, if some should occur. It also keeps the MA away from any metal. I’m careful to open the lid away from me and thoughtful that there could be fumes but so far, I have smelled nothing when I open the lid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.