Where do you Attach handrail flanges on above ground pool, top rail or deck

Can't see the pic as the link doesn't work. But I would build up the area under where the handrail brace are supposed to go. Either build up with decking or 2x6's. What ever it takes to get that area even with the top of the top rail.

We are trying to sort through this as well.

We have used the stairs for a couple of years without attaching them, but they really do move around when the kids start playing. So this year we are attaching them.

We built a little platform to attach them to over the top rail. This works, but I really don't like the look of it. So I'm in the process of trying to do something like jason176 has done (someone else on here has done it and posted pics, that's where I initially got the idea from).

I'm trying to decide the best way to do it:

In this one I have used a 90 deg elbow, and I spray painted the pvc. I still think it looks a little obtrusive.
20170606_082340.jpg

This is the other way I'm thinking - using some 45 deg elbows instead of the 90. I think I might spray paint a lighter colour than the grey (I couldn't get a beige to match, so I tried the grey - but I kind of think lighter might be better?).
20170606_083116.jpg

Looks like I'm heading back to Lowes this morning (the plumbing guy thinks I'm crazy).

Any thoughts/suggestions for improving this? Stick with the original?

My problem with the platform is it becomes a tripping hazard and if people arent careful getting out they could fall. I did mine basically like yours but I used 90s to turn down to the deck. your 45s are for a waste application but would technically work, just less pipe slides into the fitting , I used the fittings that are pressure rated. I didn't glue the joints either, screwed it all together with stainless hardware. My wife's going into labor �� so idk when I can get the pics up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.